Wednesday 4 February 2015

Stop waiting for life to start

 Few years ago, I was watching a talk show. There were a few women who confessed that there house looked as if no one lived there. China's were untouched in the cabinet. No pictures decorated the walls. No picture frames in sight and if they were, they were blanked or turned down. The removable plastic on the sofa's still lingers and the expensive sheets set were lost in the closet.

The host ask these ladies "why are you doing this?" "What are you waiting for?" the funny thing is not one of these wonderful ladies had an answer.

Then it hit me, they were waiting to live there life. They were waiting to be found by Mr. Right. So until then their lives were on hold. How long will life be on hold? No one knows, simply because none of these ladies knew the season they were in.

In the book of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 speaks about a time for everything. There’s a season for everyone under the face of the earth. Weather you know it or not you have a season for your life as well, the bible stated this fact. This was tried, tested and true. 

Each individual is different in their own way; no two people were created the same. Not everyone goes through the same seasons at the same time. It does happen at times and it can but there’s the exception.

A friend once told me, “During my single years I should have gone to seminary.” I asked why? she said “know that I am married my priority are a bit different”. I have a home, husband and kids to take care of. I can do it but know it’s a lot more work. This is just an example, to show that during your singles season you should make the best of it.

These women might have been in a season which they needed to find them self or to regain a new perspective on life. Whichever season they were in it does not mean life should be put at a halt.

You’re identity is not found in a spouse but it is found in Christ.
·       Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12)

·       Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. (Romans 15:7)

·       Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. (1 Corinthians 12:27)

·       But you a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9)

·       But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:17)

There are so many scripture verses that can be identify the connection you can have with Christ in the season of life.  These women are using this time in their lives to no nothing, to gain nothing and to live for nothing.  These are time which will never be given back or gained.

Have you ever looked back in your life after a few years and said, I wish I had done that mission trip? Or if I could turn back the clock so I could have taken that tour around the world? Similar questions are reflected daily by people who wish they had cease the moment when it was right in front of them.

One of the best ways to know which season you are in is to meditation on God’s word.

  ·       Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day. (Psalm 119:97)

·       Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.(Philippians 4:8)

·       I have stored up your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. (Psalm 119:11)

·       How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandment. (Psalm 119:9-10)

You cannot go wrong when you trust in God and his words. He has given his life for us; so why would He lie? God is not a respecter of man for Him to lie. Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of person. (Acts 10:34)

If you find yourself in the waiting game; whether, it’s for a knight in shining armor on a white horse or something other than the knight. Rests assure God did not intend for you to put your life on hold. God intention was for you to enjoy your life in Him.

I suggest you take those china’s out this weekend and put them to good use. Take the plastic off your sofas and relax. Hang those picture frames on the walls. If there's no pictures, then take up a hobby and fill them. Allow God to be in the driver’s seat because you might never know where he will take you next.

Blessings




No comments:

Post a Comment